Nachos with Steak and Cheese
During those late-night studying periods for my dental school, I often resorted to unhealthy food, including ice-cream (kit-kat, haagen Daz), chips and chocolate. Food that are not good for your teeth but good for formulating those carious lesions. I know it’s hard to stay away from snack especially when we are tired and stressed. This is a quick snack (that is slightly better than binging on chocolate) which can be modified to include even healthier alternatives.
- Corn tortilla chips (Tosititos Scoops)
- Tex Mex Cheese Blend (PC brand)–for those that like a bit of a “kick” to their cheese
- Crate and Barrel Marble Cheese slices
- Angus Beef Steak Flank-Strips (T&T supermarket; sliced to cubes)
- 1 small onion (diced to cubes)
- 1-2 tablespoon Kraft original BBQ sauce
- Cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Add oil to a non-stick pan, and sautee the onions until it has changed colors.
- Stir in the steak flank and add the BBQ sauce
- Add a pinch of salt to counterbalance the citrus flavor of the BBQ sauce
- Avoid overcooking the steak (until medium rare) as it will be cooked again with the tortilla chips
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips on a baking pan with baking sheet. Add a layer of the cheese ( you can choose any cheese you like), and then layer the steak + onion on top
- Bake for 4-7min until the cheese has completely melted
- Ready to Serve!